You can have the brother printer offline at any point in time due to various reasons, so that is why we have this blog for you to help you solve various issues. Let us know the methods that you can follow for the Brother printer offline fix.
Reasons for Brother Printer Offline Issue
It may include various reasons such as:
- The ink toner blockage.
- Not configured as default is the printer
- The paper jam issue
- The network connection between your computer and printer contains an error.
- Outdated printer device.
- Incorrect printer settings.
- The offline error might also be displayed if the printer’s “use offline mode” option is chosen.
What to Do For Brother Printer Offline Fix?
Step 1: Make sure the Brother device is turned on and error-free.
- If the LCD display on your Brother machine is blank, the device might not be turned on. Check to check if the computer emerges from sleep mode.
If not, check to see if it is plugged into a functional outlet and that any power switches are kept Up.
- Look for any error warnings on the LCD. “Paper Jam” or “Ink/Toner Empty” are two examples. If an error is displayed on the LCD, try troubleshooting the error to resolve the problem.
Step 2: Ensure that your Brother printer is set to default.
In case your printer is not set as default, it may show the brother printer offline issue. Below are the points that you can follow:
- First, use the Windows search feature to navigate to the “Control panel.”
- Click on “Devices & Printers” when the “Control Panel” window appears. The next printer list will show up on the screen.
- Choose the option to “Set as Default Printer” by performing a right-click on your Brother printer in the list of printers that is displayed.
- Restart your printer now to see if your brother printer offline issue has been fixed.
Step 3: Make sure the printer is connected to the computer.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected to the printer and PC if using one.
Instead of using a hub, try connecting it directly to the computer.
- Make sure the ethernet cable is connected to the printer and router/hub/switch if you’re using one.
For the IP address, print the network configuration page.
- Print the network configuration page when utilizing a wireless connection to verify the IP address.
Step 4: Examine Your Printer for Jams.
This is another option for Brother printer offline fix that you can try.
Your printer may experience a paper jam issue, which could prevent it from operating normally and result in a Brother printer offline error. To resolve this problem, adhere to the instructions listed below:
- If you find any paper jam between the rollers, immediately turn off the printer and unplug the power source .
- Open the printer now to carefully remove the rollers.
- If you are not able to find this, try carefully pulling paper.
- Send a printing command once the paper has been removed from in between the rollers.
These steps can help you to fix the brother printer offline issue.
Step 5: Update Printer Driver if it is not updated.
If your printer is outdated it may face issues of offline mode. Let’s know how we can update it.
- Select the “Device Manager” option by performing a right-click on the Windows Start menu.
- To enlarge the list, double-click the print queue choice now.
- Right-click the printer to update the driver after that.
- Choose “Browse my computer for driver software” from the following screen.
- Click the “browse” button next to the “search for drivers” option on the following screen.
- Click “OK” after selecting the location for the driver download folder.
- Click the Next button, then when the driver update is complete
Step 6: Brother printer offline issues in Windows 10.
To fix the issue in the brother printer with windows 10 you can follow the steps given below.
- In the search box, type “Printers & Scanners” after clicking the Windows 10 Start button.
- Windows launches the printer settings screen; select your printer model.
- Next to the open queue, select “Manage Button.”
- After that, select Run The troubleshooter.
- Windows 10 starts troubleshooting.
- Wait a moment, and Windows 10 will show the problem causing the offline printer.
- If an issue is shown on this window, click next and let it resolve itself.
- To close the troubleshooter, click once more.
- Print a test page as well.
Step 7: If a print job is pending, clear the print spooler and restart it.
For restating the printer spooler services just follow the given points:
- Using the run command or Windows search, access the Service Windows.
- In the right-hand panel of the service window, tap on “Print Spooler.”
- Choose “Stop” when you right-click on the “Print Spooler” option.
- Launch File Explorer, navigate to the following location, or just copy and paste this text into the File Explorer address box and press Enter.
- Type C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- Press the delete key after selecting every file in the printer folder.
- Restart the spooler service by returning to the “Print Spooler” option and performing a right-click on it.
- Make sure the spooler’s start-up type is set to “Automatic” as well.
We hope you were able to follow the above steps and ways to fix the Brother printer offline issue.
Hopefully, one of these remedies fixed your Brother printer offline fix problem. If you are still facing the same issue, it is recommended to get in touch with their customer care. You’ll easily be able to fix the problem and bring your printer back online.