Epoxy flooring is a kind of synthetic flooring that is a mixture of hardener and resin. It is the most widely used resin flooring. Epoxy floors are also customizable in terms of effects, colors, and styles. They are mainly used on industrial and commercial floors. They are easy to maintain.
What are the classifications of epoxy flooring?
Epoxy flooring is extremely functional and seamless. The types of epoxy floors are as follows:
Epoxy terrazzo floors
It gives a decorative and colorful look to the surface of your floor. This flooring is made by mixing pearl, granite, marble, and glass with epoxy. These things made the flooring suitable for commercial and industrial locations, hallways, etc.
Epoxy flake coat
Epoxy flake coat is not a type of flooring, but it is a style for applying the coating of epoxy. It is created by scattering pieces of flakes on the base coating to produce a decorative look.
This type of flooring is the best choice. This flooring provides a strong and smooth finish to the surface. It can be used in dining rooms, kitchens, garages, and more.
Epoxy Antistatic flooring
This type of flooring is specially designed to prevent electrostatics from gathering on the floor. It is best for places like hospitals, aerospace, laboratories, etc.
What are the benefits of epoxy flooring?
Epoxy flooring is perfect for floors that can resist maximum temperatures, oils, chemicals, etc. Electronics, poultry farms, dairy, pharmaceutical, and industrial sectors are some fields that use this flooring.
The benefits of epoxy floors are:
- This type of flooring is very easy to clean.
- It comes in a variety of gloss surfaces like satin, glossy and matte.
- This flooring is resistant to stains and damage from water.
- Epoxy is tough in terms of flooring, which gives it a highly durable nature.
- It creates an attractive look on the surface of your floors.
- This type of flooring is cost-effective as it is long-lasting.
- This flooring is non-slippery, which is very important for homes or offices.
- It is environment friendly. Its installation doesn’t leave much waste in comparison to other kinds of flooring.
- It requires no major efforts in maintenance.
- It is made of organic compounds, which makes it environment friendly.
What are the challenges of epoxy flooring?
There are many advantages of epoxy flooring, but it may come up with certain challenges too. The pros are higher than the cons, but you should consider everything.
- Sometimes because of the smoothness of the surface, it can become slippery when it is wet.
- It has a certain smell because of the chemicals present in it. Wait until it gets dry fully.
- It takes a longer time to get dry in comparison to other kinds of flooring. It takes around 24-72 hours to get dry fully.
- Such type of flooring needs under flooring. You can use steel, concrete, or wood as your underflooring.
- Soap-based cleaners can leave a blurred surface. So a special type of cleaner is required to clean the flooring like ammonia.
However, you have got nothing to worry as proper consultation with the experts can save you from the above epoxy flowing issues at once.
How much does epoxy flooring cost?
The cost of epoxy flooring may vary based on the supply of the material and the cost of installation on the design, size, and type. But the life cycle of epoxy flooring is really good because of its durable and low-maintenance .
Epoxy flooring can be your best choice. It goes with different kinds of buildings. It is versatile and affordable. The outcomes of such floorings are stylish and give a smooth finish to your floors. There is no need to think about re-doing your floors, as epoxy floors last a lifetime.